- Attend the 14th Annual Antique Car Show – A Father’s Day outing the whole family will love at Memory Lane Heritage Village! Enjoy a wide range of vehicles on display throughout the Heritage Village grounds. There will also be special Father’s Day draws and live music in the Clam Factory. Kids will have a blast challenging their Dad to a Kub Kar race after they have made their own car in the Boat shop!
- Go on the Father’s Day Walk/Run for Prostate Cancer – Get active this father’s day and sign up for the 5km “Do it for Dads Walk Run” and enjoy food and refreshments afterwards. It’s something you and your dad will remember for years to come! More details here: http://www.prostatecancer.ca/About-Us/Halifax-Atlantic-Region
- Take your dad golfing – If your dad is a big golf fan then he is in luck! Nova Scotia has many fantastic golf courses across the Halifax Region and province. Our recommended golf courses included: Glen Arbour Golf Course, Granite Springs Golf Club, Dundee Resort & Golf Club, Fox Harb’r Golf Resort & Spa, Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa and Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa!
- Go on a beer tour – It’s not a shock that most men love beer, so why not go with this theme for Father’s Day? Head to the Keith’s, Oland’s, Garrison or Propeller Brewery for a tour and learn all about your dad’s favourite beverage!
- Personalize your activity – Spend time doing exactly what your dad likes! Maybe he likes to fish, paint or go on a nature walk! Halifax has everything you need. Fishing? Try Deep Sea Fishing with Murphy’s Tours. Art? There is a Father’s Day Gift Art Class in the Public Gardens. Hike? Head to one of these popular HRM trails! Think about your dad’s favourite hobby and do that with him this year.
Photo Credit Image 1: Fox Harb’r Golf Resort & Spa
Photo Credit Image 2: Alexander Keith’s Brewery
Photo Credit Image 3: Cheryl Crawley