10 Things to do within a 10 Minute Walk of the New Halifax Central Library!
Halifax, Nova Scotia’s new library is now open to public! The Halifax Central Library has many green features, meeting spaces and a 40% larger collection of books, DVDs and more. Here are 10 things to do within a 10 minute walk of the new Halifax Central Library located on Spring Garden Road!
- Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market – A hot spot for local produce, handmade crafts, wines and more, head to the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market on Marginal Road open 7 days a week. With over 250 vendors you are bound to find something to fit your taste buds or Nova Scotia fix!
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site – Dive deep into history and culture and visit Halifax’s Citadel Hill where you can be a solider for a day, take a tour of the grounds or simply see any of their current exhibits for yourself.
- Shopping – With the new Halifax Central Library being right on Spring Garden Road, there is plenty of shopping within walking distance. There are half a dozen thrift stores on Queen Street, upscale shops along Spring Garden Road and two malls, Park Lane and Spring Garden Place with a wide variety of stores and services.
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic – Take a short walk downtown to Lower Water Street and head into Canada’s oldest and largest Maritime Museum. Here you will learn all about Nova Scotia’s marine history.
- The Halifax Boardwalk – Get right near the salt water and walk the Halifax Boardwalk where you’ll find restaurants, vendors, snack shacks (seasonal) and more!
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia – For the art lover, you’ll definitely want to experience the largest art museum in Atlantic Canada, the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. The gallery houses the Province’s art collection and offers a range of exhibitions and programming.
- Neptune Theatre – Head to Atlantic Canada’s largest professional regional theatre and see a fantastic production. Neptune Theatre has done performances from Into the Woods and Legally Blonde to A Christmas Story and Elf!
- Alexander Keith’s Brewery – Just a few blocks away on Lower Water Street is the original brewery for Alexander Keith’s. Here you can take a tour, sample some beer and learn all about Alexander Keith’s history!
- Dining – You won’t need to go far for delicious cuisine in Nova Scotia. Whether you are looking for fine dining, seafood or a pub atmosphere, there is something for everyone within walking distance of the new Halifax Central Library.
- Scotiabank Centre – Only 5 minutes from the Halifax Central Library is the Scotiabank Centre, the premier multi-level entertainment facility for Halifax. Here you can see hockey games with the Halifax Mooseheads, basketball with the Halifax Rainmen and concerts and shows of all types! Check their events schedule for an up-to-date list of what’s happening!